Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MangaCast Review: Broken Blade, vol. 1


Be sure to check out my latest review on MangaCast, a manga news and reviews site. This week, I reviewed Broken Blade, vol. 1. Here's a short excerpt:

In the land of Krisna, nearly the entire population has the inherent ability to power up quartz, which runs all the machines. Nearly everyone that is, except, Rygart Arrow. Arrow, who was born without the ability, is an “unsorcerer,” making him unable to power even the most basic machinery. ... This is CMX’s first foray into the ever-popular mecha genre, which encompasses such series as Mobile Suit Gundam, Escaflowne, Code Geass and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Honestly, I’m not all familiar with the genre outside of my cousin’s long-held fascination with all things Transformers and Gundam. Nonetheless, I still found Broken Blade compelling with its mix of political intrigue, old versus new technology, and a collegial friendship that has somehow gone awry.

To see more of my thoughts on this new mecha series, be sure to check out my review! Broken Blade is available in the U.S. from CMX.

Review copy provided by CMX.

No comments:

Post a Comment